Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: Shadow

   



    Hi! Welcome to another Can't-Wait-Wednesday post. The pick for this month is a teeny bit different, as I technically have an ARC version of it on my personal TBR list. However, the author is so great and I loved the prequel so much that I just HAD to feature it on here!

    Below, you can find the cover, synopsis, and my reasons for waiting on this. Click on the author's name to head to her website, and click on the book title to go to the special link.

Release Date: February 23, 2021


    Desperate to rescue Claire and the fractured Lost Boys, Peter must unravel what truly tore his dreamland apart. But with each step, he is haunted by more of his own broken memories. Not even Pan himself is what he seems.

    Claire Kenton is chained to a pirate ship, watching the wreckage of Neverland rocked by tempests. When she finally finds her brother, Connor is every bit as shattered as the island. Claire may have pixie dust flowing in her veins—but the light of Neverland is flickering dangerously close to going out forever.

    To rescue Neverland from the inescapable shadow, the boy who never grew up and the girl who grew up too fast will have to sacrifice the only thing they have left: each other.


Why I'm Waiting on This: Ever since I read Dust, I've loved Kara Swanson's writing, and am so excited to dive into the sequel. I've only finished the first chapter, but I can tell it's going to be an amazing, suspenseful ride for everyone who wants to try it! And, of course, I'm excited for the time after it releases, when readers from all over the world will be eager to enjoy, discuss, and debate over the end of this wonder-filled, well written duology.


     So, after reading, what do you think about Shadow? Would you want to read it? What are YOU waiting on Wednesday for? Share your thoughts with me in the comments, and if you released a Can't-Wait Wednesday themed post on your blog, post a link!

    For those who want to have their own copy of the prequel, Dust, I'm hosting my first giveaway with the author via Goodreads, offering a free, signed copy of it AND Kaley Rhea's Off-Script and Over-Caffeinated! Two people have entered so far, so the contest is definitely open for any more entries! Scroll below to find the details.


  1. Sign up for a Goodreads account (if you don't have one already!)
  2. Follow me (JadeSky: Stepping Stones Book Reviews), Kaley Rhea, AND Kara Swanson on Goodreads.
  3. Post a comment below this blog post telling me you entered.
  4. Wait for the winner! (Announced June 4, 2021)

        Friday will mark the end of my Week of Book Memes for this month, including my Book Beginnings on Fridays/Friday 56, and my perspective on the weekly Book Blogger Hop question.

6 comments:

  1. You are the second blog I have visited this morning featuring a Peter Pan spin off book. I am unfamiliar with this title, however. I have heard of the first book Dust though--it's on my wish list. I hope you enjoy Shadow. It sounds so good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for this one. Dust was so good! I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another "Dust" fan! Hope you enjoy the book when it comes out too :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so excited for Shadow's release! I loved Dust. It was the first fairy tale retelling I've read, and it was a great intro to the genre. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's awesome! I'm so happy you enjoyed the book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete