Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Top Ten Tuesdays: Things I'm Thankful For

 




    I absolutely LOVED the TTT topic for this week, and thought it would be a perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving! Especially with how uncertain life seems right now, I think taking a second and remembering to be thankful for what we do have, instead of focusing on what we need or want, is something all of us should be aiming towards. I know that I have so many blessings already, and I'm wincing at the fact that I often take them for granted!

    Honestly, this TTT list may be my favorite. ๐Ÿ˜€ To see all the TTT lists I've done in the past, click HERE

    I could probably ramble on about this topic for several pages, but instead I just chose a few broad things to feature here, as well as a short paragraph about why I included that certain thing. Hope you enjoy the list!


Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For
(in no particular order)


1. God


Why: I'm a Christian, and especially through everything that's gone on in my life, God has always been there for me. For me, it's comforting to remember that God has the world under His control, so I don't need to worry because whatever happens is in HIS plan. That doesn't mean that I don't doubt or get distracted, but it does mean that I have hope through all the promises He gives me in the Bible. Through every high and low, He stays the same and is ready to forgive!

2. My Family


Why: I was adopted into a loving, large family, and I'm incredibly blessed to grow up in a caring, safe environment. We spend most of our time at home, so we're all pretty close. I have a different relationship with each of the members of my family. One of the best parts of my life is just spending time with them, and feeling all of the love and support they share with me.

3. Books


Why: Part of me wants to just point at my overflowing TBR list and blog as reason enough, but I feel like I owe you a bigger explanation than that. ๐Ÿ˜‰ For as long as I can remember, books have been my safe space. They've been a place where I can just dive into an entirely new world and experience a life I never would've outside the pages. Sure, some books have made me mad, annoyed, or confused, but it's so worth it to burst out laughing at a snarky part, feel inspired by a couple of words, or fangirl over a series so much that the characters and world begin to feel as real to me as the room I'm typing in right now. It doesn't hurt that getting into certain worlds or characters have led to me talking to other fans, too!

4. Friendship


Why: Friendship can be complicated, but when you find the right people to hang around, it's so refreshing and freeing! During this summer I found a group of girls around my age, and I've really enjoyed getting to know them through movie nights, studying the Bible together, and just hanging out. At the same time, I've been befriending fellow writers through some online communities, and creating alongside them has been such a joy and privilege. No matter how you go about it, true friendship lifts everyone involved up.

5. Writing


Why: I've mentioned a couple of times before that writing fiction is another huge part of my life. I've already gotten some short stories published, have finished the rough drafts of three novels, and am working on a trilogy, as well as posting on this blog! My dream for the future is to become a full-time author and share my stories, whatever that will look like for me. I'm also hoping that regularly blogging on here will give me some practice with consistency, as well as give me a way to write in the nonfiction genre.

(Are you a writer, too? If so, shoot me a comment! I'd love to hear more about you and what writing means to you.)

6. This Blog


Why: Tomorrow officially marks me passing the half-year blogiversary for Stepping Stones Book Reviews! ๐ŸŽ‚When I first started this blog over six months ago, I had no idea that posting on it would open so many ways to interact with other book bloggers, authors, and awesome people. It's really overwhelmed and humbled me that so many people are interested in the books I review and hold close to my heart. So, yes, I am so thankful for this blog, and all the ways it'll continue to grow in the future!

7. Awesome Animated Films


Why: After becoming a fairly late fan of the How to Train Your Dragon franchise, and getting to see a couple more digitally animated films I've wanted to watch for years, I've started to gain a new appreciation for that whole genre of movies. It's definitely not easy to create an engaging story and stunning visuals. My favorite part about good animated films, though, is the family-friendly aspect of it all. I love how a well done movie can entertain younger kids while also making the not-so-young laugh, think, and cheer the heroes on.

8. Music


Why: Whatever kinds of music you listen to, you can't argue that music is one of the "universal languages" of mankind! I love how different songs can calm you down, get you in a more energetic mood, or just make you feel like you're understood. I love singing along to the radio with my siblings when we ride in the car. And I love how orchestras, bands, and choirs are just different music-lovers working together, using their talents to create beautiful harmonies.

9. Healing


Why: I mentioned in September's #IMWAYR that I was recovering from a major surgery. Without going into too much detail, I was very sore and bruised for a couple of weeks, and was not allowed to do anything active or chew on solid foods. It's coming up three months after it, though, and I am feeling much better! This is a huge "thank-you subject" for me because it's been a long, slow recovery, and so far I'm doing really well. 

10. Life


Why: I get that often life isn't what we want it to be. There are numerous disappointments, hard seasons, and general tough moments. But, all the same, life is a miracle! No matter what you're going through, there is always something to be thankful for. It's so fascinating and liberating to remember that we each have a purpose. Sometimes we don't know why something's happening until we look back on it. And every day that we wake up, are breathing, are here, we have something to give this world.


    Thank you so much for checking out this special post! Again, I hope you had fun scrolling through my list. 

    What about you? What are you thankful for? Do we share any of the same things on our lists? I'd love to hear what you think! If you've also participated in this TTT topic, link to your post in the comments so I can read your picks.

    Later this week, please consider joining me for more Week of Book Memes fun!



28 comments:

  1. Happy 6 month anniversary for your blog! I am glad your surgery went so well and that you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for reading and commenting, too.

      Delete
  2. This is so good... my thoughts exactly on basically all of them! (I haven't had to go through extensive healing, so I'm not completely able to claim that one...) So true. Especially this year we need to be focusing on God's blessings. I actually have to say this has been my best year... in the midst of all the difficulties, God has showered me with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the SAME WAY, Laurel!!!!! A lot of good things has happened to me this year. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you both for posting your thoughts! Yes, I totally agree. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I love that you were adopted into a wonderful family. What a blessing! My youngest is adopted and she has changed our lives in every good way. I love adoption!

    Happy TTT and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! I love hearing great adoption stories.

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  4. WOW SIX MONTHS BLOGGING!!!??? THAT'S HUGE!!! Congrats!! I agree with Every. Single. One of the things you're thankful. (Except animated movies, I've just never gotten into them very much.) You already know I'm a writer, but I thought I'd answer your question anyway: For me, writing is just a chance to use my voice and be heard. I can express my thoughts and show lives that have chosen the path of courage instead of fear. And at the same time struggle to continue walking that path. (Does that make any sense?) And of course I LOVE GOD AND AM SOOOOO THANKFUL FOR HIM!!!! He's always there for me when no one else is. I'm also thankful for your blog. And you, I love how you ALWAYS put a much-needed smile on my face. And life. I think life is a gift from God and is valuable. But we shouldn't waste our time here living for ourselves, but doing something that matters - living for GOD!!! Just some of my thoughts. (And, I think we all know how much I LOVE BOOKS!!! If anyone questions is, they need to see my looooooooonnnngggg list of books to get. GREAT POST!!! I SOOOO ENJOYED IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you both enjoyed the post! I definitely agree with your thoughts on writing and life. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. (Ditto...both of your comments always put a smile on MY face!)

      Delete
  5. Hi there JadeSky! I also loved doing this week's TTT. It was just a time to reflect a bit and give thanks. Mostly to our God above yes.

    I'm just as grateful for my blog. It's kept me sane throughout this year and I enjoy it soooo much!!! Elza's "voice" is the most fun I've had in years and I hope to continue for many more years to come.

    Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

    Elza is grateful for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, and for sharing your thoughts! I really enjoyed hearing them. I hope you have a good Thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  6. Hey JadeSky!!! I enjoyed reading through your list. I'm thankful for all the same things your thankful for. I'm especially thankful for God and His Son, Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Animated movies are great! I love them. Oh, and I'm a writer too. God has sent us many blessings! We have a lot to be thankful for. That's awesome that your healing from your surgery. I'll pray that you continue to heal. :) Love talking to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katherine! I'm glad you liked the list. Thank you so much for the prayers and for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you're recovering so well from your surgery! That's wonderful.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's awesome! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  8. Friendship is one of the best parts of life. :)

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  9. I've definitely been thankful for books even more than usual this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-291/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  10. Happy 6-month blogiversary and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great list! I'm grateful for all of these things, too. Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay...I'm glad we have so much in common! Thanks for reading and commenting, and you have a great Thanksgiving too!

      Delete
  12. This is such an awesome list! I have to say I'm thankful for all these things too. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! Yay...looks like we both have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving back!

      Delete
  13. So many things to be thankful for! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely!

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete