Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Operation Grendel



    Welcome to my first Can't-Wait Wednesday blog post! This is a part of my all-new Week of Book Memes event. Already this week I've been a part of the It's Monday! What Are You Reading? meme AND a Top Ten Tuesday. If you haven't seen those posts, feel free to click on the links. And if you have, thank you so much for reading and commenting. Being super new to the book blogging community (five months and counting), it makes me really happy to see other bloggers looking at and liking the posts and lists I put so much love into.

    Today I'm highlighting a spectacular story whose cover has been recently released. The author is actually my old Creative Writing teacher (of two years, through his One Year Adventure Novel and Byline programs) and he's made such an impact on my life and a ton of others'. I'd love it if more people would check out his work!

(Update: Click on the author's name to go to his official website.)

Operation Grendel by Daniel Schwabauer
Release Date: March 9, 2021
Preorder on Amazon


It’s the war story he’s dreamed of. But the battle may cost him his mind.

    Military journalist Raymin Dahl thinks he’s finally getting the story of a lifetime. Secret peace talks on a remote tropical moon are about to surrender five colonized worlds—and six hundred million civilians—to a ruthless enemy.

    But when his commanding officer, Captain Ansell Sterling, is fatally wounded before the negotiations can begin, Dahl can no longer just report on the mission. He’s ordered to complete it. With help from the AI embedded in Sterling’s comms bracelet, Dahl must impersonate his commander—a Marine Corps hero and psychological operations expert.

    However, Sterling’s AI may be luring him to surrender more than he realizes. And the mission Corporal Dahl thinks he’s running isn't the only operation underway.

Why I'm Waiting on This: This sounds like an INCREDIBLE sci-fi adventure. I've never read anything like it so far and I'm excited to try it out. Also, I've never fully finished one of the author's past works and, to remedy that, would love to get to read something more recent by him. Plus, the cover. It's gorgeous. And fascinating. All in all, Operation Grendel sounds like an action-packed, interesting story.


    So, what did you think of Operation Grendel? What are you Waiting on Wednesday for? Let me know in the comments, and if you're a book blogger like myself, feel free to send me a link to your stuff.

    Join me on Friday (Friday, not tomorrow), for my grand finale of the Week of Book Memes: where I will participate in not one, but THREE separate memes. I'm so excited about this last post of the week and hope you'll stop by to check it out.




12 comments:

  1. I enjoy science fiction from time to time, and this does sound really good! I hope you enjoy Operation Grendel when you read it! I'm adding it to my wish list. :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could put another book on your TBR list! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I like science fiction, and I like Beowulf, and even John Gardner's "Grendel"--so this one hits a lot of points for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So excited this book caught your interest.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like an epic read. I'm super excited for it. And that cover is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my post! Yes, the cover is amazing. I was super excited when I first saw it.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Oooh! This looks like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the book I chose! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  5. This does sound like a fun sci-fi adventure! I'll have to look for a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth waiting for, that's for sure!

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the blogging community. I find your blog so pretty! I don't read a lot of sci-fi but this does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm glad you like my blog design. So excited I could recommend another book to go on your TBR list!

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete